Friday, May 12, 2006

Embaracdero


A few days ago I mentioned Michael Kenna and how he has influenced so many night photographers. About two years ago, The Nocturnes organized a night photography project to shoot the Embarcadero area of San Francisco, followed by a show at Fort Mason and South Beach Cafe. Below is my photograph that I submitted to show.

(photo: Andy Frazer)

Much of the Embarcadero isn't very interesting from a night photography point of view, so I focused on the pilings and old piers along the waterfront. I have no problem admitting this shot, as well as most of what I shot that night, was influenced 100% by Michael Kenna's style.

Not only was this my first opporunity to display my work in a public venue, but the above photograph even received a very favorable mention in the SF Weekly Magazine.


1 Comments:

Blogger Joe Reifer said...

Kenna influenced or not, that's a great photo. Would love to see a big print of it sometime. Nice that the image got singled out as one of the best in the Weekly article, too.

9:34 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home